From Valentines Day, 2016, through March 14, 2016, casual fetishists to hardcore romantics can each enjoy a limited edition vinyl release of “Soundtrack For Seduction” from Dita Von Teese. Special versions include autographed; ‘kissed’; and a personalized dedication version. Above, Dita talks with 12on12, the visionaries behind this collaborative vinyl pressing. She discusses her mindset behind sensual picks that place old starlets like Peggy Lee beside contemporary music crushes like Blood Orange, Cat Power, and that Todd Terje x Bryan Ferry cover of Robert Palmer's "Johnny and Mary" (<3 <3 <3 <3). Self love, binary love, group love... regardless of participants, Dita's soundtrack portends great motion of the heart(s).
1. "Lazy" Performed by Dita Von Teese and Patrick Collins
2. "Let's Do It (Let's Fall In Love)" Performed by Chuck Henry
3. "Strip Tease" Performed by Juliette Greco
4. "Anastasia / Dita’s Theme” Performed by Chuck Henry
5. "A Guy What Takes His Time" Performed by Dita Von Teese and Chuck Henry
6. "Is That All There Is?" Performed by Peggy Lee
1. "Johnny and Mary" Performed by Bryan Ferry & Todd Terje
2. "Here She Comes Again" Performed by Royskopp
3. "I've Been Thinking" Performed by Handsome Boy Modeling School featuring Cat Power
4. "Too Much" Performed by Pale
5. "Girls and Boys" Performed by Monarchy featuring Dita Von Teese
6. "S'Cooled" Performed by Blood Orange
But what good is love that can't be recollected in a heightened state of passion. A parting gift, a flashback to the time Dita von Teese seduced Scarlett Johansson.
And for those struggling to find love in the digital age, perhaps the key isn't forcing yourself in, as to behave in such a way that you're invited. Just sayin'.
Photography James White
cover image via instagram.com, courtesy @12on12vinyl